- Environmental Services
- Keep Victoria Beautiful
- Beautification Grants
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING GRANT APPLICATIONS
Keep Victoria Beautiful provides both 50/50 matching grant and non-matching grant support to local businesses, non-profit organizations, neighborhood associations, homeowner associations, schools and school districts and other community organizations that wish to help cultivate the KVB mission of enhancing the livability of Victoria by beautification through a sense of pride and ownership.
The KVB Grant Review Committee will meet annually, or as needed, to announce award cycle based on funding available, and then once again to review grant applications as submitted by a determined deadline. The projects will be ranked by the committee. The committee will then make a recommendation of projects to the Keep Victoria Beautiful Board of Directors and the board will act on the recommendation at its meeting the following month. Awards are then announced to selected applicants via mail/email. Projects should be completed within 6 months of announcement. Once a final report is submitted by awardee, the reimbursement is provided to awardee.
Project winners are eligible every three years for this award.
Grant Range and Geographic Area
Grants generally range from $100 to $500. On a project-by-project basis, however, some grants may be funded at a higher level. Organizations requesting up to $500 are not required to provide a match. Organizations requesting more than $500 and up to $1,000 are required to provide a 50% match through either funds, in-kind donations, or a combination thereof.
Keep Victoria Beautiful receives funding for Beautification Grants through sponsorships or other received grant funds. It is therefore the policy of Keep Victoria Beautiful to fund projects located within the City of Victoria and the Victoria Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ).
Areas of Interest
Areas eligible for funding must be on the street side of property. The types of projects include, but are not limited to:
- Theme, cultural, or educational gardens
- Landscaping using drought tolerant, freeze resistant native plants
- Tree plantings, using drought tolerant, freeze resistant native trees
- Removal and prevention of graffiti and litter, including the strategic placement of attractive litter and recycling receptacles
- Other improvements to the exterior appearance of the location which could include painting, hanging planters, window boxes, etc.
- Grants requested in excess of $500 and up to $1,000 are provided on a 50/50 matching basis up to the maximum grant amount.
- Grants will NOT be provided for work that is already completed.
- The grant is set up as a single payment reimbursement to the applicant upon completion of the project. Applicant must provide all necessary paid receipts/invoices with the final report (KVB Final Report form is provided) in order to receive payment.
Organizations and individuals may download the application form from the KVB website or receive an application by contacting the Keep Victoria Beautiful office at (361) 485-3230. Every applicant is required to submit a completed application form, which includes:
- Amount of Grant funding requested from Keep Victoria Beautiful, including information as to how applicant will match or exceed funding through contract work, paid staff time, volunteer labor, donated materials and/or funding from other sources. (Additional information NOT REQUIRED for requests up to $500)
- The method of operation, goals and anticipated results of the project
- Geographic area to be served
- The need to be addressed; a clear outline of the project from beginning to end, and the proposed use of Keep Victoria Beautiful funding
- A commitment to provide maintenance for the project for at least three years from the completion of the project
In addition, each applicant must:
- Submit a follow-up report using the KVB Grant Final Report form at the completion of project and no later than 6 months following award announcement in order to receive reimbursement funds. (The report will include project receipts, number of volunteers and total hours involved if applicable, and attached images of before and after project completion.)
- Submit a new application to the Keep Victoria Beautiful Office for committee approval if the grant project should change significantly after the funding has been awarded
- Complete project work within 6 months from the date of the award announcement
- Allow a KVB sign to be placed at the location, while project is being completed and for three months after the completion of the project
Attachments to be included with Grant Application Form
- Names of people who will maintain the project, and estimated volunteer hours, if applicable
- A detailed cost breakdown of all costs for the materials to be reimbursed by Keep Victoria Beautiful grant funding
- Letter size landscaping or project plan (landscape designer or landscape architect not required)
- Photographs of the area (digital copies on CD/DVD or jump drive are acceptable)
- Letter of approval from property owner or person responsible for the area (i.e. school principal, city parks director, etc.) as applicable
Beautification Grant Application