- Master Plans
- Active Transportation Master Plan
Active Transportation Master Plan
The Active Transportation Master Plan (ATMP):
The City of Victoria’s Active Transportation Master Plan (ATMP) focuses on non-motorized or active modes of transportation, like walking or riding a bike. The ATMP will analyze Victoria’s current active transportation network to help guide the development and implementation of a network that best serves the needs of non-motorized travel.
Purpose of the Plan:
The Active Transportation Master Plan (ATMP) will:
- Develop a comprehensive and integrated network of safe active transportation infrastructure, like hike & bike corridors, low-stress pedestrian and/or bicycle routes, and sidewalk and crossing upgrades.
- Identify and prioritize projects, programs, and policies, that promote walking, biking, and other active modes of transportation by making them safe, comfortable, and convenient.
- Identify strategies that will guide the planning, funding, implementation, and maintenance of future projects.
- Develop a step-by-step plan for implementing policies, programs, and physical changes to the active transportation network.
Alliance Transportation Group, LLC.
ATMP Steering Committee:
Lee Keeling, Parks & Recreation Commissioner; Kathleen Keating, Community Representative; Jeff Vinklarek, TxDOT Yoakum District; Jan Scott, Victoria MPO Chairperson and Victoria City Council member; Brian Olguin, Planning Commissioner.
- ATMP Steering Committee Meeting Presentation- February 3, 2023
- ATMP Steering Committee Meeting Presentation- May 11, 2023
Julie Fulgham, AICP, Director of Development Services; Maggie Bergeron, AICP, Metropolitan Planning Organization Administrator, Jesús A. Garza, City Manager; Mike Etienne, Assistant City Manager; Jason Alfaro, Director of Parks & Recreation; Ken Gill, Director of Public Works and City Engineer.
|Task 1: Project Management||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Task 2: Public Engagement||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Task 3: Existing Conditions Analysis & Inventory||X||X||X||X||X|
|Task 4: Plan Development||X||X||X||X||X|
|Final Plan Adoption||X|
We Want to Hear from You!
The ATMP is a bicycle and pedestrian plan that aims to make it safer and more comfortable to walk and bike in Victoria and we want to hear from you about your walking and bicycling experiences, routes, comfortability, and more. To provide input on the ATMP, please see the "Contact Us" tab above.
The ATMP Survey closed on Monday, June 5, 2023, check back here to learn more about the ATMP and the Public Input received!
If you have questions or would like to receive information about future events or activities, please contact Development Services at (361) 485-3360.