- Municipal Court
- Court Policies
The City of Victoria Municipal Court of Record adheres to the guidance and directives of the Texas Supreme Court and of any various Emergency Orders issued during any state of disaster.
The Municipal Court lobby and service windows are open during normal business hours to process individual transactions. All defendants are encouraged to utilize available online options to resolve matters.
You may be required to allow your temperature to be taken by an employee of the City of Victoria upon entering the building. If you do not want to adhere to these operating procedures, please contact the court to make other arrangements to handle your citation. If you feel feverish or have measured temperatures equal to or greater than 99.6ºF, or with new or worsening signs or symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, or having known close contact with a person who is confirmed to have COVID-19 you will not be permitted to enter the building and should seek medical advice.
For the safety of our citizens and employees: If you are experiencing any upper respiratory symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath), please contact us - an appearance may not be required.
- Call the court at (361) 485-3050 for alternative options
- Visit the various options under Respond to a Citation to see if a court appearance is necessary
- Submit your request electronically for a reset through this form or e-mail it to court staff at email@example.com
Vulnerable populations: Please contact the court to make other arrangements for a hearing if you are over age 65 or have serious underlying health conditions, such as high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those whose immune systems are compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer or other conditions requiring such therapy. You may contact the court at 361-485-3050 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important that the defendant and his or her attorney, if applicable, follow these policies. If these policies are not followed, it could result in the case being reset to a later date or the violator being held in contempt of court.
The following items are not allowed in Court:
- Hats of any kind
- Bare feet
- Food, drinks, or gum
- Recording devices
Cell Phones & Other Electronic Devices
Any electronic device brought into the courtroom must be turned off or completely silenced.
- No weapons of any type are allowed in the courtroom. This includes pocket/clip knives and any type of pepper spray.
- All persons entering the courtroom are subject to screening.
- All bags, purses, briefcases, backpacks, or similar items are subject to search.
- Persons refusing to be screened or to allow a bag search will be denied access to the court.
- Jokes about carrying weapons into the court or threatening any Judge or other court personnel will be taken seriously.
- Any act or comment considered a threat against a Judge or any court personnel will result in immediate expulsion from the court and possible criminal charges.
- Do not approach the Judge’s bench unless directed to do so.
- Do not lean on the Judge’s bench.
- Refrain from loud conversations or comments during the court proceedings.
Thank you for your assistance and compliance.