The City of Victoria Municipal Court now offers an E-Court Appearance option. E-Court Appearance allows defendants to dispose of eligible cases (see the following eligibility requirements) via a video conference with the judge through the use of Zoom either on your computer or wireless device. You can access court proceedings via live stream on Youtube. Please click here to access the live streaming of court sessions.
Eligibility for E-Court Appearance
Attending an E-Court Appearance allows the defendant to:
- Enter a plea of not guilty and request a trial by judge or trial by jury. Notice of your scheduled trial date will be sent to you for a later date to be determined by the court. Public safety for scheduling will be our Number One focus.
- Enter a plea of guilty or no contest. Defendants who plead guilty or no contest via the E-Court Appearance have the same opportunities for payment plans, compliance dismissals, driver safety courses, or deferred disposition.
- Request an extension of the due dates established by a previous judgment.
- Seek resolution of outstanding City of Victoria Municipal Court warrants.
Requirements to Appear via E-Court:
- A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.).
- A fast and stable internet connection.
- A webcam attached to your PC or a built-in camera on your device that will allow the Judge to see you during the video conference.
- A microphone connected or built-in mic that will allow you to talk to the Judge and your device must also have speakers attached or built-in that will allow you to hear what the judge is saying to you.
- A working email address; you may need to email images or documents for the Judge’s review.
- You will be required to provide the Court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure future successful contact with the Court.
Scheduled E-Court Meeting Information
All cases scheduled for in-person hearings are being reset for remote appearances. The scheduled remote appearances are not optional and neglecting to appear will have the same consequences as not appearing at an in-person proceeding. Alternatively, options for handling a citation prior to a court date, can be found here, on the court’s website. The court will be sending out more information regarding scheduled remote appearances. If you do not have the ability to attend a remote proceeding, please contact the court for more information by phone at (361) 485-3050 or email@example.com.
Access the July 30, 2020 E-Court Docket at 2:00 pm
Open E-Court Meeting Information
E-Court Appearance will be available on Monday August 24 at 1:00 pm, September 28, 2020 at 1:00 pm, and October 26, 2020 at 1:00 pm. No appointment is necessary, simply join the E-Court Zoom and type in the Meeting ID Number.
Meeting ID: 361-485-3050
PLEASE NOTE: While the Court will make every effort to dispose of your case(s) via E-Court, unfortunately that may not be possible in all circumstances.