Join the Victoria Police Department!
The Victoria Police Department promotes the culture of equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Police Officer (Licensed or Currently Attending a TCOLE Academy) responds to emergency and non-emergency requests for police service and enforces all federal laws, state laws, and city ordinances.
The Victoria Police Department accepts applications for non-licensed civilians to attend the Victoria College Police Academy during the Spring or Fall school semester. Applicants for the 2023 Spring Semester are currently being reviewed. If interested in attending the Fall 2023 Police Academy, please visit joinvictoriapd.com beginning March 2023 for more details.
Directs appropriate response to emergency and non-emergency requests. TCO's answer the 911 lines, enter information into our Computer Aided Dispatching system, and dispatch the calls to City and County emergency response personnel. The City's 911 Call Center is the primary 911 center for Victoria County.
- Three or more at-fault accidents and/or moving violation convictions within the last three years.
- Offense for driving during suspension of driving privileges within the last three years @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- No convictions, court ordered supervision, or probation for any offense higher than a Class B Misdemeanor
- No convictions, court ordered supervision, or probation for any Class B Misdemeanor within the last ten years
- No convictions or community supervision for an offense involving Family Violence
- Not prohibited under state or federal law form possessing firearms or ammunition @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- $45,900/yr - Police Officer Trainee
- $48,045-$52,500/yr - Police Officer
- $54,075-$68,500/yr - Senior Officer (License Officer w/ 3+ years experience)
- $20.00 - $27.96/hr - Telecommunications Operator
- Licensed Officers are also eligible for "Incentive Pay" for higher levels of TCOLE certification, secondary education, and position (FTO or Detective) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Intermediate Pay - $1800/yr
- Advanced Certification - $2400/yr
- Master Peace Officer Certification - $3000/yr
- Field Training Officer / Detective Skill - $1200/yr
The City of Victoria offers Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance. The city offers two High-Deductible health plans with the ability to deposit earnings into a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- 80 hours of paid vacation increasing to 120 hours after one year of service.
- 112 hours of paid holidays every year.
- 96 hours of paid sick time that are accruable to a maximum of 1040 hours. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
G.I. Bill®: Approved to train eligible veterans and their dependents under the G.I. Bill®! Eligible applicants may receive benefits during the Basic Peace Officer Academy and during the Field Training phase. Contact our Recruitment Coordinator, Senior Officer David Brogger, at 361-485-3805 for more information!
- Membership at the Victoria City-County Employees Federal Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Click Here for more information about benefits @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Those interested in applying will need to fill out an application with the City of Victoria. Click Here to view current job openings with the Victoria Police Department. Click the "Apply" button from a listing and create an account to apply for the position.
- Physical Fitness testing
- Reading, Writing, and Mathematics testing
- Applicants for police officer and telecommunicator will have to undergo psychological testing
- City of Victoria approved drug screening @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Civilian Personnel
- Police Officers
- Field Training
- Continuing Education
- Specialized units
Police Officer applicants that do not have a license will be hired as a Police Trainee. If they are already in a Basic Peace Officer Academy, they will finish the Academy and then begin the Field Training Program at the Victoria Police Department. If they are not enrolled, they will be entered in the next Basic Police Academy at Victoria College.
Those who have already graduated from a Basic Peace Officer Academy will start as a Police Officer Trainee or Police Officer/Senior Officer depending on their prior experience. Every licensed new hire must complete our Field Training Program.
SPEAK TO OUR RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR!
David BroggerRecruitment CoordinatorPhone: 361-485-3805
Training & Recruitment Unit
7800 N. Navarro
Victoria, TX 77904
7800 N. Navarro Victoria TX 77904
Phone: : 361-485-3799
306 S Bridge Street
Victoria, TX 77901
306 S Bridge Street Victoria TX 77901
Phone: : 361-485-3700Emergency Phone: : 911